Skip to main content

Tidus, Mega Man & Co: Our first video game characters that we could identify ourselves

Video game hero * inside are not only game but also identification figures. In them we can find ourselves. At the same time they give a bit far, who we can be in the future. But with which video game figure you call you first to identify? Write us in the comments! We from the game editorial team make the first step.

Speaking: More about why representation and diversity in Games is so important , you will learn in our special:

__227 __12

more on the subject

How Final Fantasy XV Is Censored In Different Countries

Psychology behind representation: Why diversity is important in video games

__

Dennis First and until today dearest hero is Guybrush Threepwood

Dennis Michel: My first true video game hero is at the same time my favorite today. Jap, Guybrush, you are the best that had to be said. That I could close the good beginning of the 90s to the heart, "blame" was my dad. If he had stowed the floppy disks of The Secret of Monkey Island with the inviting, golden lettering again neatly on the shelf, Point's Click Adventures may not be mutated to one of my favorite genre.

Guybrush is contrary to many strong, often flawless hero * inside simply the involuntary, bustling normalo, with which I could only identify myself too well. In addition, he has a clear goal in mind for which he truly not created, but he persecuted full of passion, never giving up and ultimately masters. In the sense: "Hey my name is guybrush and I Want to be a pirate". We all want that, Guybrush, we all want.

Linda found in Emoboy Squall from Final Fantasy 8 her soulmate

Linda Sprenger: In the nineties / early two thousand, unfortunately there were not so many exciting female video game dogs as today, with whom I could have identified myself. My first character in which I realized so right was therefore a guy. Namely squall from Final Fantasy 8. Introvert, long hair strands on the face, a bit grumpy but in the heart adorable. I was like that in the past (and may still be today). Therefore, squall for me even long to my favorite final fantasy figures, I mean my hey: The guy is just cool or not? And I just wanted to be cool.

For Eleen, Tidus was the first character with which she could identify itself

Eleen Reinke: My first video gameheld, which I can really remember, probably have been Tidus from Final Fantasy X. Of course, that does not mean that FFX was my first game, but I had only had a Game Boy Color, and Pokémon games are really not known for their character depth. All the more I did the story of FFX at that time. My first real role play full of characters that were not only small sprites, but could show real emotions! Above all Tidus, the lightning ball player with the sunny mind and sometimes some naiver stupidity.

While the poor Tidus is almost too exhausting today with his endless energy, he was exactly the right character for me in my teen. Curious, gentle (which was unusual for male characters for me at that time) and simultaneously lost in a world he does not really understand. No wonder he has grown to my heart.

Tobi toured as a little boy mega on the Gameboy

Tobias Veltin: Ui My first video game hero ... This question is not so easy to answer because many figures impressed me in my memory. Mario about or Samus Aran, as with Nintendo consoles more growing up, it was mainly the Nintendo characters. But one left particularly sustainable impression.

Because when I got my Gameboy gave and directly allowed a mega man game out of the pack, it was about me. The little boy with his arm cannon fell through an exciting adventure and I was blown away. Today, I can not even say exactly why, I probably projected myself a bit-wide in Mega Man, lived through him his own imagination. A little boy consists of an action-loaded adventure. Today, mega is no longer one of my favorite hero * inside, but I still like to go back to the Gameboy time.

Annika and Töff-Töff together were animal saver together

Annika Bavendiek: Initially, characters like red from Pokémon Red / Blue or Donatello from Teenager Mutant Ninja Turtles came to mind. I mean, who does not want to be Pokémon coach or so cool fight and constantly eat pizza like the Turtles? But after getting a bit credited in my past, another character came to me, with which I had a lot together at the age of five years: Töff-Töff, or on Putt-Putt in English.

That sounds a bit funny, but Töff-Töff is a lively car, with the small children as I could immerse themselves back to the first PC Adventures. I am not purple and have no four tires, but I could identify myself immediately with Töff-Töff's friendly way, helpfulness and especially the animal loving. Not for nothing we helped the lions, penguins and other animals for hours to save the zoo. At that time this was the Nonplusultra for me.

This article is part of our hero * indoor theme week . All items can be found in our overview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Red Dead Redemption 2 player finds a hidden transportation feature

Red Dead redemption 2 is quite known for the level of realism it has always had. It has been almost three years since its initial release, but Red Dead Redemption 2 players continue to find a lot of gameplay hidden in its main history that few players may know. A Red Dead Redemption 2 player, named Shot-Skirt-2598, posted on Reddit a hidden travel function can be used when players are blocked in the middle of nature. One of the many main game mechanisms for which the game is known would be its horses, considered the most efficient means of transportation of the game. If there is no horse available for the player during the game, in Certain circumstances, there is always a way for him to move. Apparently, players are actually capable of stopping caravan drivers or any random traveler in the area. This method is something that only a small number of players would probably think of doing, because they would most likely fly a horse or recharge a backup. Red Dead Online has become s

Fortnite IO Guard Locations: How to collect the access card from an IO Guard

The legendary quests of the week 8 are now in Fortnite Season 7 live and this week is needed to collect an access card from an IO guard . The Imagined Order is fighting harder than ever against the alien invasion, and after a short stay at Busranger last week, it is time to help Slone again. The quest series of this week begins with the receiving of Slones orders from a coin telephone as usual, and it needs your help to examine a mole within the Imaginated Order. Here you can pick up an access card from an IO Guard in Fortnite. Fortnite IO Guard access card locations To collect an access card from an IO Guard in Fortnite, you must eliminate an IO Guard. The best place to find Io Guards is the Corny Complex, but you can also find the satellite stations scattered over the island. They are not sufficiently sufficient. You have to kill an IO guard completely, so that the access card falls. If you visit the Corny Complex to master this challenge, you should find Io Guardians in the

Neverwinter: Jewel of the North from August for Xbox and PlayStation

PERFECT WORLD Entertainment and Cryptic Studios announces that Newinterters will be new extension, Jewel of the North, from now on PC (Steam, Epic Games Store and Arc Games) and will also appear on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at the end of August. This new extension offers both new entrants as well as veterans the opportunity to experience all epic content of the free-playable Dungeons & Dragons-MMORPGs on an unprecedented way. For the first time since 2016, Neverwinter with the versatile Bard introduces a new class, which is likely to be known in the tableted D & D fans from the Tabletop. Jewel of the North also also contains comprehensive improvements in the game compliment, to which a new stuffed step upshift system counts, the content for players of all business levels makes accessive. "With Jewel of the North, we would like to make it easier for players to create a character and fall into adventure in the forgotten rich," said Matt Powers, Executive Prod